Careers at Weichie
Weichie.com is looking for a back-end developer to join our team! You are responsible for the entire development process from customer requests to delivery. You will do this together with our team for a varied and wide range of assignments, from web and apps to hosting, API, and e-commerce solutions. You’ll be working on projects for both the American and European markets.
Who we are
We are a creative digital agency in Brussels that partners with global brands striving to make authentic connections. We’re not just here for the awards (though they are nice), we’re here to make cutting-edge stunners that last, surprise, and solve the problem.
This isn’t art-for-art’s sake or tech-cause-it’s-trendy, this is about redefining the interactive space. We believe a talented, agile team and a fresh, insightful approach are how you elevate the field, get noticed, and stand above the noise.
Who you are
You ideally graduated from a school specialized in digital. Experience in a studio, an agency, or as a freelancer will do the trick.
We are looking for a back-end developer with experience building web applications. As a back-end developer at Weichie.com, you’ll help shape the back-bone of our creative projects within a team of talented developers and creatives.
You will help build and maintain scalable applications and webshops in plain PHP and Laravel (Vue is nice too).
You believe in the quality of code. You should know how to balance your own high standards of code quality with the problems you are solving and external constraints like how time-sensitive it is or the impact it will have.
You like solving problems. You are happy working through difficult technical problems and solving them in straightforward ways. If you don’t know the answer immediately, you will be comfortable digging into the problem until you figure it out and know when it’s time to ask the right point to ask for assistance.
You understand development processes. You are comfortable writing Git/Git flow, pull requests, and tests. You have knowledge of CI/CD and know how to implement them.
You are a good communicator. You should value empathy and kindness and be able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking.
You love working in a team with all the other talents in the studio — #teamplayer.
Anyway, you’re a rare gem ❤
Under the supervision of our technical director, you will join the developer’s team within the studio and contribute to the conception/realization of our digital productions, from pre-production to final delivery.
- You have an eye for clean code structure.
- You have knowledge of PHP/Laravel
- You know WordPress (without page-builders)
- Experience integrating with third-party services & APIs
- You have experience with node/webpack
- You know how to use GIT
- You have CI/CD experience with pipelines & deployments
- You have interests in Web3 development (NFT/Wallets/Contracts) – nice to have
- Demonstrable ability to work across multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of WordPress or Shopify is a nice plus
What you’ll get
- The friendliest and most caring team you can get, pinky promise
- Flexibility in hours and workplace – the perfect balance between remote/in-house work
- Money & Fringe benefits (Obviously, duh)
- Agency get-togethers with all remote colleagues (partying, having fun, you know that usual agency lifestyle)
- Yearly education budget for conferences, books, and more educational mediums
- Exciting projects to work on and an empowering environment to grow and expand
- Beautiful WeWork office at the Botanic Garden in Brussels (your worldwide office space)
- Metro, bus, train or bike-pass
- Wednesday team lunch
- MacBook Pro and other benefits
Terms & Conditions
Salary: According to experience level
Location: Sint-Lazaruslaan 4, 1210 Brussels & Remote work
Please, verify that you actually meet the requirements written above before applying for the job
To apply, send your resume + portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the object email, please write “back-end developer applicant”.