Careers at Weichie
Junior Front-end Developer
Weichie is looking for a junior front-end developer / full-stack developer to join our team! You are responsible for the entire development process from customer requests to delivery. You will do this together with our team for a varied and wide range of assignments, from web and apps to marketing, SEO and e-commerce projects. You’ll be working on projects for both the American and European markets.
Who we are
We are a creative production company that partners with global brands striving to make authentic connections. We’re not just here for the awards (though they are nice), we’re here to make cutting-edge stunners that last, surprise, and solve the problem.
This isn’t art-for-art’s sake or tech-cause-it’s-trendy, this is about redefining the interactive space. We believe a talented, agile team and a fresh, insightful approach is how you elevate the field, get noticed and stand above the noise.
Who you are
You ideally graduated from a school specialized in digital. Experience in a studio, an agency, or as a freelance will work too.
We are looking for a junior front-end developer with experience building web and mobile applications. As a front-end developer at Weichie, you’ll help shape creative projects within a team of talented developers and creatives.
You have front programming skills. You will help design, build and maintain scalable applications and webshops.
You believe in the quality of code. You should know how to balance your own high standards of code quality with the problems you are solving and external constraints like how time-sensitive it is or the impact it will have.
You like solving problems. You are happy working through difficult technical problems and solving them in straight-forward ways. If you don’t know the answer immediately, you will be comfortable digging into the problem until you figure it out and know when it’s time to ask the right point to ask for assistance.
You Understand development processes. You are comfortable writing Git/Git flow, pull requests, and tests. You have heard of CI/CD.
You are a good communicator. You should value empathy and kindness and be able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking.
You love working in a team with all the other talents in the studio — #teamplayer.
Anyway, you’re a rare gem ❤
Under the supervision of our technical director, you will join the developers team within the studio and contribute to the conception/realization of our digital productions, pre-production to final delivery.
- You have an eye for detail in visual design and a clean code structure.
- You have Basic knowledge in PHP, Laravel or Liquid
- You know how to use GIT
- Experience integrating with third-party services
- Not afraid of using restful APIs/GraphQL
- Demonstrable ability to work across multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge in WordPress or Shopify is a nice plus
What you’ll get
- The friendliest and most caring team you can get, pinky promise
- Flexibility in hours and workplace
- Money & Fringe benefits (Obviously, duh)
- Agency get-togethers with all remote colleagues (partying, having fun, you know that usual agency lifestyle)
- Yearly education budget for conferences, books, more educational mediums
- Exciting projects to work on and an empowering environment to grow and expand
- Beautiful WeWork office at the Botanic Garden in Brussels
- Flexible hours and the perfect balance between remote/in-house work
- Metro, train or bike-pass
- Friday team lunch
- MacBook Pro & Phone cart
Terms & Conditions
Start date: September 2021!
Salary: According to your profile
Location: Sint-Lazaruslaan 4, 1210 Brussels & Remote work
Please, verify that you actually meet the requirements written above before applying for the job.
To apply, send your resume + portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the object email, please write “front-end developer applicant”.