Careers at Weichie
Web Development Internship
Are you a motivated student who is passionate about web development and eager to learn? Maybe we can be a good match! We’re always looking for your kind and will boost your motivation even more with hands-on experience with real client projects. You’ll be working on projects for both the American and European markets.
You’re a rare gem and we would love to spark your development passion at Weichie!
Who we are
We are a creative digital agency that partners with global brands striving to make authentic connections. We’re not just here for the awards (though they are nice), we’re here to make cutting-edge stunners that last, surprise, and solve the problem.
This isn’t art-for-art’s sake or tech-cause-it’s-trendy, this is about redefining the interactive space. We believe a talented, agile team and a fresh, insightful approach is how you elevate the field, get noticed and stand above the noise.
Who you are
- You ideally have a portfolio that doesn’t exist solely out of school assignments.
- You have interests in both Front- and Backend development
- You have interests in learning WordPress & Shopify
- You believe in the quality of code and prefer quality over quantity at any time
- You like solving problems and feel comfortable digging into the problem
- You know when it’s the right time to ask for assistance.
- You don’t mind working in a small team.
Under the supervision of our technical director, you will receive a developer’s role within Weichie and contribute to the conception/realization of our digital productions, pre-production to final delivery.
- You have an eye for detail in visual design and a clean code structure.
- You can transfer design mockups into functional templates
- You are fluent in English
- Basic knowledge in GIT
- You get excited from hearing Vue.js, React or Laravel (or other frameworks)
- Demonstrable ability to work across multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge in WordPress or Shopify is a nice plus
- You are able to visit our Brussels office a few times a week
Perks at Weichie
- An exciting webdevelopment internship at a small, dynamic and growing agency
- We offer a variety of projects on both WordPress, Shopify & headless development
- Get familiar with libraries such as gsap, threejs, barbajs, … for building extraordinary projects
- Learn best practices on SEO and performance
- Beautiful WeWork office at the Botanic Garden in Brussels
- Flexible hours and the perfect balance between remote/in-house work
- Friday team lunch
Terms & Conditions
Internship period: Preferably 2+ months
Location: WeWork @ Botanic Tower – Sint-Lazaruslaan 4, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
Please, verify that you actually meet the requirements written above before applying for the job.
To apply, send your resume + portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the object email, please write “Web development internship application”.